Storm-Tek Underground Shelters | Tornado Shelter Systems
underGround Storm Shelter SolutionsThere’s no one shelter that fits every need and budget. That’s why we offer above ground and below ground models and then customize them to fit your location and budget. Cookie-cutter solutions don’t usually work out. We are dedicated to producing the highest quality shelters with our focus on the safety of your family. Our promise –We can deliver more protection for less than other companies that have come and gone over the years. We will be here to back up our lifetime warranty.
Our shelters come with a white gelcoat interior. Gelcoat is one of the toughest and most durable coatings available and is often exposed to the harshest conditions (marine power boats, yachts, jet skis, etc.) It is smooth, easy to clean and highly reflective.
The exterior is coated with our specially blended epoxy coating providing an added barrier to the elements while creating a great looking appearance. This with our low profile door makes it easy to landscape and fit into any yard.
Our Storm Shelters can be easily shipped to your home. They can be loaded onto a standard 78” wide trailer and towed with a half ton pickup truck.
Standard Features and Options
- IMPACT TESTED DOOR DESIGN
- SCREENED VENTILATION
- EASY OPEN DOOR SYSTEM
- MOLDED IN SEATING
- WHITE GEL COAT INTERIOR
- FULLY WEATHER SEALED DOOR
- STAINLESS STEEL MOUNTING HARDWARE
- 6 POINT LOCK SYSTEM
- NON-SKID STEPS AND CARPET
- GREEN EPOXY COATED EXTERIOR
- HANDRAILS ON ALL UNDERGROUND MODELS
- Fiberglass construction resists rotting and will not rust
- Impact Tested Door Design--In 2001, our door design was successfully impact tested at Texas Tech University
- Fully Weather Sealed Door--This door is sealed to keep out rain and water.
- 6 Point Lock System--The door locks securely for true safety and security.
- Easy Open Door System--Easy to open for people of all ages and can be entered quickly in the time of need.
- Screened in Cross Ventilation--Provides a unique cross venting for plenty of air movement with very little draft.
- Non-Skid Steps--For added safety these steps are coated with anti-skid material for your protection.
- Molded in Seating--Construction formed inside the shelter provides cleanliness and comfort.
- Carpet--Grey is the standard color with an added protection underneath to help aid in preventing carpet movement or slipping.
- White Gel coat Interior--Smooth, durable, easy to clean and highly reflective, an inexpensive “AA” light will illuminate the storm shelter.
- Green Epoxy Coated Exterior--Specially formulated for an added barrier.